FSA elections take place online which means that the current COVID-19 situation does not interfere with our election cycle.
Elections are happening for the FSA board of directors. In 2020, the following positions are up for election:
- One (1) President (2020-22 term)
- One (1) Vice President (2020-22 term)
- Two (2) Directors-at-Large, By-Election (Remainder of the 2019-21 term)
- Interested in running? Visit the FSA board page on our website and read the suggested materials. After reviewing the materials, complete the nomination form (PDF).
- Candidate statements will be posted here on April 17th
- Candidates will also participate in an all-candidates meeting on April 22nd as part of the general membership meeting
The FSA board has recently updated its Conduct of Elections Policy (1.2.1) and created Election Campaign Guidelines in 2019. Read over the policy here (PDF).
2020 FSA Board Elections Timeline
- Formal Call for Nominations (Fri, March 27) – Nomination form (PDF).
- Information Session: Prospective Board Members (Thurs, April 2, Noon) – Online
- Nominations Close (Wed, Apr 15, Noon)
- Deadline: Candidate Statement Submissions (Wed, April 15, Noon)
- Candidate Statements Posted to Website (Fri, April 17)
- Notice to Membership of Candidates Seeking Positions (Fri, April 17)
- All-Candidates Meeting (Wed, April 22) – This will likely be cancelled or held online due to COVID-19
- All-Candidates Orientation (Wed, April 22) – This will likely be cancelled or held online due to COVID-19
- Electronic Voting Begins (Fri, April 24, Noon)
- Electronic Voting Ends (Fri, May 8, Noon)
- Election Results Announced (Tues, May 12, Noon)
Contact us with any questions you have!
The 2020 Chief Returning Officer is William Oching.Leave a reply →