The FSA board of directors is an elected governing body that exists to: execute legal and fiduciary duties; establish the strategic direction, budget, and policies of the FSA; employ a staff team to implement the strategic direction, budget, and policies of the FSA; and monitor and evaluate outcomes towards advancing the vision and mission and constitutional purposes.
FSA elections take place in the spring each year and voting is done electronically. FSA board members are elected by the FSA membership as follows:
- President & Vice President in even years (e.g. 2020)
- Treasurer, Directors, and Directors, Associate Members in odd years (e.g. 2021)
Thinking of running in the next FSA election?
- We encourage members who are considering running for the board to review the FSA’s constitution, by-laws, and governance policies
- Review the FSA’s Board Governance Manual
- You can also review the slides (PDF) from our information session for Prospective Board Members.
- Board members are expected to be available for board meetings – dates can be found here.
- Reach out to the FSA President or another board member if you have any questions.