Bargaining, Round 18 (2019 – 2022)
Throughout this round of bargaining we will be providing updates through our all-members e-bulletin that goes out weekly. We will also update our blog with messages from your Chief Negotiator and Bargaining Team. Member-only information will be posted in our Members Portal (login required).
Your Bargaining Team includes Colin Jones (Chief Negotiator), Silvia Raschke (Vice President), Terry Gordon (Treasurer), Amy Fell (FSA Member), and Maria Angerilli (Interim Co-Executive Director).
Current Stage: Agreement Ratified
On May 27, 2020, your Bargaining Team reached a tentative agreement with BCIT. As per the process for bargaining, this tentative agreement was presented to the FSA membership for a ratification vote. The Bargaining Team recommended voting yes to ratify the agreement. Voting occurred from June 3-8, 2020 and on June 8th we announced that the agreement had been ratified by the FSA membership.
- Read the summary of the settlement
- Bargaining Town Hall held on June 3rd
- Ratification vote took place June 3-8, 2020
- Agreement ratified
- New agreement will be posted on our Collective Agreement page
Collective Agreement Committee Open Houses
The CAC hosted a series of open houses for FSA members to drop-in, get a sneak peak of the bargaining survey results, and help us frame the proposal package to be voted on at the January General Meeting.
- Tuesday, January 8, 2019, 2:30-6:30pm, Downtown Campus 280/282
- Wednesday, January 9, 2019, 2:30-4:30pm, Burnaby Campus, Town Square D
- Wednesday, January 9, 2019, 5-6:20pm, Burnaby Campus, SE6-204
From December 6-16, 2018 the FSA ran an all-member survey to prepare for bargaining. The survey FAQ was posted on the FSA blog and the results were provided to the FSA Collective Agreement Committee to utilize in preparing a package of bargaining proposals for approval by the FSA membership at the January 23, 2019 general meeting.
Call for Suggestions for Bargaining
In Oct 2018 the FSA opened an online suggestion form for members to submit suggestions. This form remained open until Dec 2018 when the FSA Collective Agreement Committee began to formulate proposals utilizing input from the members, FSA staff, and the broader labour sector.
Not all bargaining updates are posted to our blog. Some are sent directly to FSA members by email.
- April 2020 / Update from Chief Negotiator
- May 2019 / Bargaining Flowchart
- Feb 2019 / Update from Chief Negotiator / Seeking to Solve Problems
- Feb 2019 / Update from Chief Negotiator
- Dec 2018 / FSA Bargaining Survey FAQ
- Nov 2018 / FSA Announces Chief Negotiator
- Oct 2018 / Submit Your Suggestions for Bargaining
- Oct 2018 / Bargaining: The Realities of Round 18
- May 2018 / Representation on the Provincial Stage
- May 2018 / The Cycle of Negotiations
- Mar 2018 / CAUT Forum Addresses Familiar Topics