What is a Tech Rep?
Technology Representatives (Tech Reps) are the FSA’s representative in each Department. Selected annually, they provide an essential, personal link between the FSA’s Board of Directors and the Association’s membership.
- Representation is a core function of the FSA and Tech Reps are a vital part of how the Association consults and gains feedback from its members. The contributions of the Tech Reps allow the FSA to improve our ability to formulate informed policy and respond effectively to ongoing changes at BCIT.
- Tech Reps, as defined under Article 1.8.14 of the Collective Agreement, receive the legal protections that apply to a union representative.
- Tech Reps make the FSA strong and a strong FSA helps make BCIT a better educational institution and workplace.
Who is your Tech Rep?
- Tech Rep List (PDF), As of November 8, 2018
Changes are made to the list on a continuing basis to keep it up-to-date.
- In April 2015 our Tech Rep Policy (2.3.1) was amended. To read the full policy please visit the FSA Policies page.