The BCIT Faculty & Staff Association is affiliated with the BC Federation of Labour (BCFED).
The BC Federation of Labour represents over 500,000 members from affiliated unions across the province, working in every aspect of the BC economy. It has a long and proud history of fighting for the rights of all working people to a safe workplace and fair wages.
The goals of the BCFED are best exemplified by its slogan: “What we desire for ourselves, we wish for all.”
Find out more on the BCFED website.
As part of our membership in the BCFED we are able to appoint FSA staff and members to BCFED standing committees.
Committees & Current Appointments
This FSA has two seats on each committee. If we don’t have two appointees and you are interested in joining the committee please contact us.
- Community & Social Action: Bhaveena Goradia, 1 spot vacant
- Constitution & Structure: Colin Jones, Michael Thompson
- Education: Bob Gill, 1 spot vacant
- Human Rights: Jamie Finley, Tara Wilkie
- Occupational Health & Safety: Bobby Sidhu, 1 spot vacant
- Political Action: 2 spots vacant
- Women’s Rights: Judy Shandler, 1 spot vacant
- Young Workers’: Rory Dougall, 1 spot vacant
Interested in joining a BCFED committee? Check out our blog for details.