The BCIT Faculty & Staff Association is affiliated with the BC Federation of Labour (BCFED).
The BC Federation of Labour represents over 500,000 members from affiliated unions across the province, working in every aspect of the BC economy. It has a long and proud history of fighting for the rights of all working people to a safe workplace and fair wages.
The goals of the BCFED are best exemplified by its slogan: “What we desire for ourselves, we wish for all.”
Find out more on the BCFED website.
As part of our membership in the BCFED we are able to appoint FSA staff and members to BCFED standing committees.
Committees & Current Appointments
- Community & Social Action: Bhaveena Goradia
- Constitution & Structure: Teresa Place, Paul Reniers
- Education: Nathan Devos, Paul Reniers
- Human Rights: Tara Wilkie, Jude Morrison
- Occupational Health & Safety: Jennifer Cheng, Bobby Sidhu
- Political Action: Kyla Epstein
- Women’s Rights: Tessa Jordan
- Young Workers’: Rory Dougall
Interested in joining a BCFED committee? Check out our blog for details.