The FSA is bound by the laws of BC and Canada and is both a trade union and a society. These laws include, but are not limited to:
FSA Constitution & By-laws
FSA Governance Policies
The FSA Board of Directors is responsible for setting, adopting, and amending policies for the organization. FSA policies guide the board and staff to make decisions and implement procedures that support and enhance our mission, vision, and values.
Every attempt is made to keep this page as current as possible. New policies or amended versions of policies will be posted as they are approved. Policies are regularly reviewed and updated. New versions will be posted as soon as they are available.
- 1.2.1 Conduct of Elections
- 1.5.1 FSA Member Appointments and Nominations to Committees – This policy is currently under review and will be reposted once approved.
- 1.5.3 FSA Directors Agreement & Code of Conduct
- 1.5.4 Board of Directors Meetings
- 1.5.10 Policy Development
- 1.5.11 Board Staff Liaison Officer Terms of Reference
- 2.1.1 Confidentiality of Grievances
- 2.1.6 Strike Policy
- 2.1.19 Extension of Right to Return to Bargaining Unit
- 2.2.1 Collective Agreement Committee and Bargaining Team Terms of Reference
- 2.3.1 Tech Rep Policy
- 2.3.4 Whistleblowing
- 2.3.5 The Loop and Social Media
- 2.4.5 Equity Policy
- 3.1.1 Donations & Gifts Policy
- 3.1.5 Financial Reporting, Reserves and Budgeting – This policy is currently under review and will be reposted once approved.
- 3.1.6 Investment Policy
- 3.1.7 Reimbursement of Expenses
- 3.1.8 Disposal of Assets
- 3.1.10 Audit Committee Terms of Reference
- 3.1.11 Endorsements
- 3.2.2 Staff Bargaining
- 3.3.1 Discrimination, Bullying, and Harassment Prevention and Redress Policy
- 3.3.2 – Former policy has been incorporated into the new 3.3.1
- 3.3.3 Records Retention Policy
- 3.3.6 Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace