Use this form to apply apply to the Member Education and Training Committee for funds to attend Union training courses, seminars, etc.
Subject to change, the current terms of application include
- This is a pilot program. The FSA Board of Directors will assess the program and determine if and how it is resourced and administered beyond 2023/2024.
- Priority will be given to members who have shown interest in BCITFSA and Union program through volunteerism.
- Applicants must clearly outline the benefits to the applicant and the Association.
- Approval may include full or partial funding for the activity.
- Members will be limited to one (1) approved application per fiscal year.
- It is generally preferable to fund attendance to various events, instead of multiple members at the same event.
- Priority will be given to activities that equalize opportunity across BCITFSA members and groups and align with the FSA Strategic Plan.
- Priority will be given to FSA affiliate’s programs or union-focused courses or programs.
- The intent of this program is not to leave FSA members or departments struggling due to member’s absence.