It’s hard to believe, particularly as we still work to “dot the i’s and cross the t’s” of our 2019-22 Collective Agreement, but it’s time to get ready for our next round of bargaining!
The first step is the formation of the FSA Collective Agreement Committee (CAC). This committee of members is a crucial part of preparing for bargaining and identifying considerations for what will eventually become proposals at the bargaining table!
What Does the CAC Do?
This is an opportunity to volunteer for your association and contribute to the FSA’s work to negotiate for excellent working conditions for all members and a dynamic and supportive educational community. This work includes:
- Creating opportunities for the FSA membership to participate in identifying bargaining priorities
- Identifying areas of inequity within the FSA membership that have the potential to be addressed through the bargaining process
- Gathering and researching information to inform bargaining preparation
- Recommending a bargaining mandate, bargaining proposals, and the membership of our Bargaining Team
Who Should Apply?
- Any FSA member committed to our vision, mission, values, and strategic priorities
- Any FSA member who can dedicate approximately 5-7 hours per month starting in August 2021
- Any FSA member dedicated to representing the membership as a collective and not just one’s own individual interests or priorities
Fill out the Expression of Interest Form (below) today! Deadline: Sunday, June 6, 2021.